Should You Have Genetic Testing?
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, genetic testing may be an option for you.
- Have you/your family members been diagnosed with cancer at a young age (<50 years old or <45 years old for breast cancer)?
- Have 3 or more people on the same side of your family had cancer?
- Have you/your family members been diagnosed with more than one PRIMARY cancer (2 separate cancers, not one spread to another)?
- Has anyone in your family been found to have a cancer gene mutation?
- Have you/your family members been diagnosed with cancers that are usually rare, like ovarian cancer, male breast cancer or metastatic prostate cancer (cancer that started in the prostate and spread to other parts of the body)?
- Are you of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, Genetic Testing may be an option for you.
Please continue by completing the short questionnaire linked below. This will help your healthcare team at OBGYN Associates of Erie understand your personal cancer risk.